Pass the salt? No way!
None needed when you know the spice is right with my Tuscan Bean Dip!
This recipe along with over 100 others can be found in my new book, “You Won’t Believe It’s Salt Free” (DaCapo 2012)
Tuscan White Bean Dip
• 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added cannellini beans,
drained and rinsed
• 1 (3-ounce) package low-fat cream cheese
• 2 tablespoons minced rehydrated sun-dried
tomatoes (not packed in oil)
• 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 tablespoon salt-free Garlic & Herb seasoning
• 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese
• Pinch of red pepper flakes
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 3 tablespoons minced scallion (white part only)
1. Combine all the ingredients, except for the scallions, in a food
processor or blender and blend until smooth. Add some water
if necessary to produce a smooth but thick dip. Taste and
correct the seasoning, adding additional lemon juice if desired.
2. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and fold in the scallions. Cover
and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours prior to serving.
Serve with pita-bread wedges or crudités.
Makes 20 Servings • Serving Size: 2 Tablespoons • Preparation Time: 5 Minutes • Chilling Time: 1 to 2 Hours Cook Time